Job Title: Purchasing Assistant
Reports to: Purchasing Manager
Salary: £16,000 per annum
Hours: 8am – 5pm Monday to Thursday, 8am – 4pm Friday (1 hour unpaid lunch each day)
Location: M&H Plastics, London Road, Beccles, Suffolk, NR34 8TS
To support the Purchasing Manager and Buyers with administration tasks as required.
- Placing purchase orders for good and services with suppliers in a timely manner.
- Expediting purchase orders on a daily basis ensuring goods are delivered by the date required. Communicating any delays of goods/services to internal departments.
- Liaising with suppliers regarding discrepancies in delivery of goods/services.
- Maintaining the M&H stock systems in accordance with supplier performance criteria.
- Provide analytical work on areas of spend as required by the Assistant Purchasing Manager and Company Buyers.
- Ensure that best possible prices/deals on items are identified and sought
- Assist with stock taking as necessary.
- Other administration tasks as required.
- The post holder may be required to perform duties other than those given in the job description. The particular duties and responsibilities attached to the post may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed. Such variations are a common occurrence and would not themselves justify the re-evaluation of the post.
Essential qualifications, skills and knowledge: